with ATC suitably attached...
Using my usual approach to card design, I've been collecting bits n bobs that might work on the design, piled them on the table:
& went for it - some bits made it, some bits didn't. First off I made the ATC, starting by using Barbara Gray's 'ink- blot-plot' method so that the images of the Tanda vintage phone stamp in Tea Dye Distress Ink were very light. I also edged the ATC in the same colour, using Cut n Dry to apply the ink. Then the words were stamped in Vintage Photo using the same Hampton Arts Studio G alphabet I used for my anniversary card last week
Next it was time to play with Cosmic Shimmer clear UTEE - hurrah! I used Versamark to adhere each layer & as the 3rd & final layer melted sprinkled a little copper embossing powder to one side of the ATC, letting that melt too.
before stamping down into the UTEE with a Versamark-ed stamp. As ever with UTEE projects, the fun is in the lifting of the stamp to see what you're left with - I like it!
After leaving the UTEE to cool further I bent the card so that the glaze would crack randomly:
Next to the base card itself. Again I used the same method of 'ink-blot-plot' in Tea Dye & also clear embossed some images as well as adding a long stitch design stamp by Elusive Images. And no I don't have an extra long stamp block - I used a ruler!
I tore some pieces from HOTP papers, inked the torn edges with Vintage Photo & roughly embossed another side in copper to tie pieces to the ATC:
When I stuck the paper pieces to the base card I formed a little v-shaped pocket in the one along the bottom to stick a corner of the ATC in to. To help the ATC stay in the pocket I attached a length of twisted leather-effect cord - in theory mimicking a vintage phone cord. A couple of buttons finished the decoration.
Finally I mounted the whole mat onto a base card...












Looks fabulous!!! I particularly like the phone stamped into the copper embossing powder.
ReplyDeleteI've entered as well - my entry went all pastel steampunk! Had a lot of fun and looks like you did as well.
Good luck!!!!